How Direct 2 Consumer PCB Ordering is Making Electrical Engineering More Accessible
Kyle Sheng, the Co-founder and Project Manager at Gerber Labs, which is an online solution helping make custom printed circuit boards (PCB’s) accessible to electrical engineering students, hobbyists and small businesses joins Enterprise Radio.
Listen to host Eric Dye & guest Kyle Sheng discuss the following:
- Tell us a bit about yourself and your career up to Gerber Labs
- For our listeners who may not be familiar with a PCB, can you help explain what a PCB is and why it’s important?
- Gerber Labs’s mission is to make custom printed circuit boards (PCB’s) accessible to electrical engineering students, hobbyists and small businesses. Can you talk about how exactly you guys are doing that?
- I’ve read that Gerber Labs’ circuit boards have been used on some interesting projects, even a rocket. Can you share with us some of the projects Gerber Labs has been a part of?
- PCB’s traditionally are sold by large manufacturers and companies. What is Gerber Labs’ strategy when it comes to competing with these bigger companies?
- Gerber Labs is launching in an otherwise old school industry, do you have any tips for companies or entrepreneurs who are trying to innovate and launch in “old school” industries?
Kyle Sheng is one of four Co-founders and Project Manager of a startup called Gerber Labs, a California based engineering startup that is currently rolling out a platform that makes custom printed circuit boards (PCB’s) accessible to electrical engineering students, hobbyists and small businesses.
People also listened to this: Living the True American Dream in a COVID-19 World