Ways to Change Our Media Diet and Change the World
Jodie Jackson, who is a researcher, campaigner and author of “You Are What You Read: Why Changing Your Media Diet Can Change the World” joins Enterprise Radio.
This episode of Enterprise Radio is in association with the Author Channel.
Listen to host Eric Dye & guest Jodie Jackson discuss the following:
- What inspired you to write the book?
- What is solutions journalism?
- Can you give a brief summary of your findings in the book and what they suggest about the impact the news has on us?
- What do you mean by the negativity bias and why is it a problem?
- What are the benefits of solutions journalism?
- Why should journalists care about solutions journalism?
Jodie Jackson is an author, researcher and campaigner. She holds a Master’s Degree in Applied Positive Psychology from the University of East London (UK) where she investigated the psychological impact of the news. As she discovered evidence of the beneficial effects of solutions-focused news on our wellbeing, she grew convinced of the need to spread consumer awareness. She is a regular speaker at media conferences and universities. Her new book is You Are What You Read: Why Changing Your Media Diet Can Change the World (Unbound, September 3, 2019).
People also listened to this: What do you stand for? How Core Beliefs Build Brands People Authentically Love