To Lead Innovation, Learn to Embrace Risk
Chuck Swoboda, an Innovator-in-Residence at Marquette University, President of Cape Point Advisors and author of the new book “The Innovator’s Spirit: Discover the Mindset to Pursue the Impossible” joins Enterprise Radio.
This episode of Enterprise Radio is in association with the Author Channel.
Listen to host Eric Dye & guest Chuck Swoboda discuss the following:
- What inspired you to write the book? How is it different from all the other books about innovation?
- What is the Innovator’s Spirit? Can it be learned?
- You are very specific about your definition of innovation. Why is this important?
- What is the difference between management and leadership? How does management thinking limit innovative behavior?
- Why do you think most people struggle with the Brutal Truths?
- What do you mean by “there is no box”?
- Can you explain why “the customer doesn’t know”?
- What do you hope the reader gets from the book?
Chuck Swoboda is Innovator-in-Residence at Marquette University, President of Cape Point Advisors and retired Chairman and CEO of Cree, Inc. He is co-inventor on more than 25 patents covering LEDs and lighting technology, and has over 30 years of experience in the technology business.
Additionally, he is an author, speaker and host of the “Innovators on Tap” podcast. His new book is The Innovator’s Spirit: Discover the Mindset to Pursue the Impossible (Fast Company, May 5, 2020).
People also listened to this: Creating Team Purpose with Dr. Tim Baker