Creating Team Purpose with Dr. Tim Baker
Dr. Tim Baker who was voted one of the 50 Most Talented Global Training & Development Leaders by the World HRD Congress and an expert in teams and leadership and author of his latest Winning Teams again joins Enterprise Radio.
This episode of Enterprise Radio is in association with the Author Channel.
Listen to host Eric Dye & guest Dr. Tim Baker discuss the following:
- One of the characteristics of high-performing teams you mention in your book is creating purpose. Can you explain what that means?
- For sporting teams, purpose is straight forward; i.e., winning the game or competition. But what about creating purpose in the world of work? How do teams go about this?
- What are some practical ways of creating purpose?
- Team members have a dual purpose, don/t they? On the one hand, team members have their job purpose. On the other hand, there is a team purpose. Would you care to comment on this and in particular, how are these two purposes managed within a team?
- What is a tip for creating a good purpose statement for the team?
Dr. Tim Baker is a specialist in organisational performance. He has a successful track record in transforming organisational capability through change programs and leadership capability development for 18 years. Organisational effectiveness is Tim’s forte.
He is a disruptive thinker, willing to challenge conventional HR practices and come up with practical, innovative solutions to real-world problems.
Tim has conducted major consulting assignments from Saudi Arabia to Singapore.
His clients range from police departments to symphony orchestra, and every industry in between.
Tim’s point-of-difference is to turn rigorous theoretic perspectives into practical workable solutions.
In 2013, Tim was voted one of the 50 Most Talented Global Training & Development Leaders by the World HRD Congress.
He is author of nine books, including his latest: “Winning Teams: Apply the All Black’s Formula to Your Team.”
In a nutshell, Tim has conducted over 2,430 seminars, workshops, keynote addresses and coaching programs to over 45,000 people in 11 countries across 21 industry groups.
People also listened to this: Building Unbreakable Trust in Teams with Dr. Tim Baker