Interview with Founder and CEO of Dragonfly Coffee Roasters, Tamas Christman
Tamas Christman, Founder and CEO of Dragonfly Coffee Roasters, the award winning specialty coffee roast company joins Enterprise Radio.
Listen to host Eric Dye & guest Tamas Christman discuss the following:
- You started brewing coffee at a young age, how did your passion start?
- You’ve traveled to a variety of countries, how have your travel experiences impacted your brand?
- Explain your education. How did your extensive education help build your brand and company?
- Can you please elaborate why the sustainability of your coffee is so important?
- Where can one find your coffee, where is it sold and why is it a stand out from its competitors?
- What advice can you give to a young entrepreneur?
Founder Tamas Christman applies his unique upbringing to influence his coffee innovation & expertise, food & beverage knowledge and world travel exploration. Christman was born in Boulder, Colorado and grew up in the remote wilderness of the southern Rocky Mountains. While a young boy, his parents started and to this day still operate, a wildlife refuge called Mission: Wolf. Within the isolated mountains, surrounded by captive wolves and colorful characters, Christman grew up in a primitive cabin with no electricity or running water. Tamas, armed only with his imagination and the inspiration of volunteers who called Mission: Wolf their home, discovered his passion for coffee, the culinary arts, music and adventure. Tamas founded DragonFy Coffee Roasters in 2011 as he set out on a quest to bring the world the finest coffees possible.
Tamas’ formal background is in Chemical Engineering & Computer Science. He first learned to roast coffee at eight years old, in the remote mountains of Southern Colorado. He grew up on a wildlife refuge called Mission: Wolf, and it was there that Christman and a volunteer names Joey would roast Kona coffee in a pan over a propane powered stove. Tamas’ passion for coffee began at this instant. He was immediately fascinated by the aroma, the science, and the incredible history and culture associated with coffee.
“My deep rooted passion for coffee finally overpowered my ability to hold down my day job as an engineer, and I subsequently founded Dragonfly Coffee Roasters in 2011.”
People also listened to this: The First Shoe Shapers Invented By A Woman, For Women: Meet the Founder of Formé