How an Ex-Amazonian is helping restaurant workers get hired in this pandemic
Shilpi Gupta, the Founder of Edizeven: a personalized hiring service for restaurants joins Enterprise Radio. Gupta is a self-proclaimed startup addict after spending nearly a decade at Amazon.
Listen to host Eric Dye & guest Shilpi Gupta discuss the following:
- You worked at Amazon for what 8 years and then did a food truck!! and now Edizeven. What’s your story?
- Tell us a bit about Edizeven?
- Why is hiring such a big challenge in restaurants?
- How did you go about attracting customers to your website?
- What made you realize that you need to go beyond job boards and invest in personalized hiring solution a.k.a EZ Shortlist?
- It’s like having your own head-hunter but for real cheap. For fellow restaurateurs, how does one onboard the EZ Shortlist?
- What’s in store for 2021 and beyond?
- Looking back, what is something you believe you could have done differently?
Tip: Before you try and solve a customer problem, be the customer who faced that problem – day in day out! A special note for the tech folks, who want to automate first – Please don’t get caught in building the best technology first. Start with manual solutions, get real customer feedback. What you build next will be far more superior!
Shilpi Gupta is the Founder of Edizeven – a personalized hiring service for restaurants. She is a self-proclaimed startup addict. After spending nearly a decade at Amazon, she ran a food business called Kukree before launching her current venture Edizeven. She is on a mission to flip the 70% attrition rate in the restaurant industry to a 70% retention rate!
People also listened to this: Dee Tutt’s Savîle Tropical Rum Cocktail is back