How 3PLs Help eCommerce Brands Grow Bottom Lines
Maria Haggerty, CEO of Dotcom Distribution, a leading third-party logistics provider that serves as a strategic partner to emerging eCommerce brands joins eCommerce Radio to share some of the ways 3PLs help eCommerce brands meet their bottom lines.
Listen to host Eric Dye & guest Maria Haggerty discuss the following:
- Sales is the #1 metric in eCommerce and inventory management is a major part of that. What are the most basic things a brand must keep in mind when planning their inventory management strategy?
- Shipping is a huge expense for eCommerce companies. What are some of the benefits those companies are able to realize when they have an experienced 3PL partner like Dotcom Distribution?
- Creating a memorable experience for online shoppers is a powerful tactic for eCommerce brands; in fact, Dotcom Distribution conducted a study that illustrates the neurological effects it can have on a person. Why is this such a powerful tool of influence?
- Omni-channel strategy continues to be an increasingly dominant factor in retail success. Why is it so important that eCommerce brands bridge the gap between the online and in-store shopping experience?
- In your experience, what is the #1 most common challenge that brings Dotcom customers to you, and how do you help them solve it?
Conclusion: There’s a lot of clutter to complete with in the eCommerce space, and no signs of a slow-down in that regard. One of the absolute most important things you can do to retain your customers’ business is ask yourself, “how can we make their experience even better?” Delivering positive customer experiences is what will separate you from the pack—or in this case, the package. There is no one-size-fits-all approach to this, though, so it’s crucial to make sure that, whether you have an internal operations manager or a 3PL, you have the guidance and means to optimize your fulfillment strategy.
Maria Haggerty is one of the original founders of Dotcom Distribution. She received her Bachelor of Business Administration from University of Houston, C.T. Bauer College of Business with a concentration in Accounting. Maria plays an integral role in developing and defining all aspects of the business, including sales and marketing, operations, finance and IT.
As CEO, she is responsible for providing strategic leadership, establishing long range goals, and developing strategies for the senior leadership team. Maria has developed the systemic and procedural infrastructure necessary to provide timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial reports and financial trends in order to assist the Board, senior executives and clients in performing their responsibilities while achieving favorable results. She works closely with the leadership team to enhance, develop, and enforce procedures that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the corporation.
During her tenure at the Dotcom, Maria has developed an environment of continual improvement by supporting the Senior Leadership Team and their department managers on continuous process, space labor, automation, and financial best practices. Prior to founding Dotcom, Maria was a CPA at Arthur Andersen and was later the CFO of GoodTimes Home Video where she helped grow the company’s distribution business. When Maria is not in the office, she enjoys traveling around the world and practicing her photography skills.
People also listened to this: How to expand to a second market to grow your eCommerce store