Financial Information Every Business Owner Needs to Succeed
David Duryee, Managing Director of Horizon Management Services LLC that does business consulting, succession planning and financial training joins Enterprise Radio to discuss financial information every business owner needs to succeed.
- Why it’s important to prepare an annual business plan? And in your experience what percentage of businesses prepare a business plan?
- Profit and cash flow are not the same. What is cash flow?
- When is high growth in revenue and profit bad?
- Six rules when dealing with the bank (establish a good personal relationship; be prepared to answer questions; keep your banker informed; never bluff if you don’t understand something then ask for an explanation and never surprise your banker)
- How should a business owner best work with the CPA?
David Duryee is the Managing Director of Horizon Management Services LLC and has been active in business consulting, succession planning and financial training for over 35 years. Duryee has a BA and MBA in finance from the University of Washington and graduated from Pacific Coast Banking School with honors.
A lecturer with business owners, bankers and professionals, Duryee sits on the boards of several corporations. He is the author/co-author of five financial management books, including his latest release, 60 Minute CFO: Bridging the Gap Between Business Owner, Banker and CPA, a best-selling book that includes complimentary analysis and forecasting software. Duryee divides his time between California and Oregon.
People also listened to this: U.S. Money Reserve’s Coy Wells Talks Silver and Why Banks are Buying It Up