How to expand to a second market to grow your eCommerce store
Pierre Larose, Founder of CalçaThai.com and PantalonesThai.com, which sell handmade Thai pants in South America joins eCommerce Radio to discuss how to expand to a second market to grow your eCommerce store.
- What do you sell and where do you sell currently?
- So Brazil was your first market in South America? When did you launch Mexico and what were the challenges?
- What in particular would you advise other store owners to focus on when launching their second market?
- How do you physically manage multiple markets, you can’t be in both places at the same time?
- How to decide when it is right to expand internationally?
CalçaThai.com is an online store launched in 2015 which is the first online store to sell Thai apparel in Brazil. Initially focusing on pants the company has expanded to bags, shirts and kimonos all of which are vegan friendly. In 2017 the Mexican market was launched through the sister site PantalonesThai.com
All products are handmade in Thailand. The use of local artisans and inhouse shipping allows for close control of product quality as well as social and environmental impact.
People also listened to this: E-Commerce Logistics Insights from iD Commerce + Logistics CEO Dan Arriola