October 9, 2018 at 9:30 am / by Producer Eric Dye
/ comments (0)
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 14:40 — 20.4MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | Email | Google Podcasts | | More
Jim Cathcart, Founder of Cathcart Institute, Inc., a company that helps entrepreneurs to focus their brand and grow their sales with increased confidence joins Enterprise Radio to discuss entrepreneur growth strategies, when YOU are the business.
Listen to host Eric Dye & guest Jim Cathcart discuss the following:
- You’ve risen to the top of your profession as a Speaker and Author. How is growing a Personal Service Business different from a product-centric business?
- You say there’s a difference between writing a best selling book and becoming a best selling author. What do you mean?
- With 3,100 speaking engagements all over the world what have you observed about businesses that are successful long term?
- You’re the original author and champion of “Relationship Selling™” how’s that different from traditional selling?
- People often spend a day with you at your California home base. What’s that about?
A tip to increase sales: Measure two things always, 1. the number of new contacts you make with people who could say Yes, and 2. the number of those conversations that included discussion of the value you can provide to them. Beyond all other metrics, these two will have more impact on your sales success than any others.
Jim Cathcart, CSP, CPAE is one of the most award-winning professional speakers on Earth. He’s been inducted into the Sales & Marketing Hall of Fame, the Professional Speakers Hall of Fame, and has served as president of the National Speakers Association. As the author of 19 books his best sellers have been translated into multiple languages including three recent books in Chinese. His TEDx video is in the top 200 out of over 100,000 videos with over 1.4 million views.
Mr. Cathcart is best known as the man who popularized “Relationship Selling™”, an approach to sales that treats human connections as assets and emphasizes trust building at each stage of the sales cycle. He’s also the author of the Sales IQ online assessment. His publishers include: St. Martin’s Press, McGraw-Hill, Simon & Schuster, Prentice Hall, Putnam Berkeley Penguin, Nightingale Conant and many more.
Cathcart Institute has created hundreds of video lessons on Sales, Public Speaking, Leadership, Motivation and Self Improvement. Personal Coaching for Entrepreneurs is a major emphasis and Mr. Cathcart serves as the Entrepreneur in Residence at the Center for Entrepreneurship, School of Management of California Lutheran University.