Future Proof: AI Everywhere. How the Future Of Marketing is Already Here
Geoffrey Colon, the Head of Brand Studio and a Communications Designer for Microsoft Advertising that provides marketing and advertising solutions in the form of Bing Network and the Microsoft Audience Network joins Enterprise Radio. Geoffrey is also the author of the book Disruptive Marketing which was released in 2016 on HarperCollins.
Listen to host Eric Dye & guest Geoffrey Colon discuss the following:
- AI seems to be such a hot topic in marketing these days. Especially in areas of ecommerce and search. Explain more how marketers should be thinking about AI in their day to day.
- We often hear that search would be easier if only Bing could complete your sentences. Explain how this is now working using AI.
- As AI infiltrates more of the solutions we use, how should marketers especially in ecommerce approach their experiences for customers moving forward?
- How does AI have an effect on personalization, content strategy and campaign strategy for marketers?
- Would you say that AI is reshaping eCommerce by analyzing the way in which online businesses function? How do we adapt to this new normal?
Geoffrey Colon is a compelling voice at the intersection of marketing, tech, media and popular culture. Data punk, DJ, podcaster and author, Geoffrey is Head of Brand Studio at Microsoft Advertising, where he evangelizes the company’s marketing solutions and products for customers. He has written for The Futurist, Advertising Age, and Fast Company, and been quoted in Forbes, Billboard Magazine, The Huffington Post, The Guardian and The Los Angeles Times. He has also appeared on Marketplace on NPR, NASDAQ Live, WABC-AM and Cheddar TV.
Colon is author of the book Disruptive Marketing: What Growth Hackers, Data Punks, and Other Hybrid Thinkers Can Teach Us About Navigating the New Normal (HarperCollins) available on Kindle, Audio and Hardcover in English and Mandarin Chinese.
Prior to joining Microsoft in 2013, Geoffrey was vice president of digital strategy at Ogilvy & Mather in New York City.
Colon has done work with several influential brands including Spotify, Netflix, American Express, Coca-Cola, IBM, The Economist, USA Network, WWE, History and Red Bull.
He is a graduate of Lehigh University with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Journalism and Mass Communication.
Colon initially got his start in the music industry working for Sony Music and later Richard Branson’s startup V2 Music.
Geoffrey is host of the weekly business and culture podcast Disruptive FM, conceptualized, coded and designed the voice skill Insights with Microsoft and regularly writes on Branding Strategy Insider, LinkedIn and the Microsoft Search Advertising blog. He is an avid speaker on the global marketing conference circuit and has keynoted events in New York City, Bangkok, San Francisco, Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, Sao Paolo, Berlin, Denver, Seattle and London.
Colon has developed projects in AR, 3D, voice skills and video. He mainly experiments with “phigital” solutions which is a blending of the physical meets digital worlds so important in modern communication and marketing.
You may visit Geoffrey at http://geoffreycolon.net or follow him on LinkedIn.
Insights with Microsoft skill on your Amazon Echo: https://amzn.to/2LDJxBG
People also listened to this: Revenuezen: The Ikigai way to lead generation