The Edge in Crypto Trading
Eric Kapfhammer, Founder and CEO of LogosBlock, a Seattle-based startup created to provide cryptocurrency traders a fully-developed trading technology platform joins Enterprise Radio.
- Tell us what circumstances led you to create LogosBlock and what’s the vision behind your company?
- How big is today’s cryptocurrency trading universe and what distinctive aspects make it challenging?
- Can you talk about your team and others you worked with to help bring your vision to life?
- I understand, prior to launching LogosBlock, you led a data science team for Microsoft. Tell us a little bit about that?
- How did you progress from your tech background to your involvement in the world of cryptocurrencies, crypto trading and blockchain technology?
- Let’s talk about cryptocurrencies. It’s been over ten years since bitcoin was first introduced and there are still a lot of naysayers out there. What do you say to skeptics?
- Should the average investor be concerned about the volatility in the crypto market?
- Back to LogosBlock: I understand you’re beta testing a core product, correct? Your team is looking for seasoned traders to participate. Tell our listeners how they can participate in the beta.
- Finish this sentence for our listeners: “LogosBlock helps cryptocurrency traders succeed by …”
Eric Kapfhammer is the Founder of LogosBlock, a blockchain-based alternative investment and wealth management platform focused on bridging the current financial landscape to the emerging digital and crypto asset space. Prior to launching LogosBlock, he led a data scienceteam at Microsoft focused on applying statistical and machine learning methods to computer and network security.
He offers more than a decade of experience in systematic quantitative trading, primarily as a portfolio manager and researcher. He also served in software engineering and program management roles for Starbucks, Expedia and Boeing. Kapfhammer is a member of the board of directors of Ibis Security, a blockchain-focused payments and security firm. He is also the founder of Illumination AI, a startup studio focused on applying AI and ML to novel combinations of data across a diverse range of industries.
He is a frequent guest speaker at industry events where he discusses a variety of topics including information security, machine learning and AI.
Kapfhammer earned his BA in Business and International Relations from the University of Puget Sound and an MSc in Finance from Seattle University.
People also listened to this: Why digital transformation is so important