Oregon’s Hazelnut Farmers Are Being Heard
Listen to host Eric Dye & guest Larry George discuss the following:
- Could you tell our audience about Northwest Hazelnut Company and the hazelnut industry in the United States. What are your largest global markets and what have you done to be so successful in your industry.
- How did you get started in the industry. Hazelnuts is not something once starts all of a sudden. How did you get interested in hazelnuts and get involved in the industry?
- How did the US-China trade dispute help or hurt your industry? What opportunities did it give your industry.
- I understand that you met with various DC officials and offices about the dispute to talk about the importance of the industry. Were officials receptive to your messages?
- Can you go into more details on the tariff issue and how that hurts your industry.
- Why is 99 percent production of hazelnuts in Oregon? What makes it such a great place for your industry
- I read recently that Chinese diplomats visited Oregon. Can you discuss the visit and what was accomplished.
- I know you visit China multiple times a year. Can you talk about the Chinese market and what makes it so appealing to your industry.
- Since you do so much business with China and the region, how will the coronavirus affect your business?
- What are some important lessons you learned as you started your business and helped grow it to the success it is today.
- Any final advice or words of wisdom that you would like to share with our audience on hazelnuts and the industry and what the future holds for your industry in 5 to 10 years.
About Northwest Hazelnut Company
BRINGING YOU THE WORLD’S FINEST HAZELNUTS
At Northwest Hazelnut Company, we cultivate partnerships between northwest hazelnut growers and premium buyers of hazelnuts. Customers and growers alike depend on the consistent quality and personalized service they receive when working with our team.
Northwest Hazelnut Company is proud to be the most experienced and longest-serving packing company in the region, always leading the industry in innovation and advancements,
The George family is a grower-processor team who have been serving hazelnut growers and buyers for 25 years, and growing hazelnuts for 40 years. This legacy has helped build a repeat customer base with the world’s premier buyers of hazelnuts.
For 25 years we have been honored to partner with hazelnut farmers throughout the Paciﬁc Northwest, from British Columbia to Roseburg, Oregon. Since 1993, when we first opened a packing plant on our parent’s hazelnut farm as George Packing Company, we have worked with and alongside growers throughout the northwest to champion their success and deliver their premium hazelnuts to the world’s markets.
As a family owned business we purchased Northwest Hazelnut Company in 2013 and it has been our joy to serve this tight-knit and growing community of hazelnut farmers and their families. With the incredible growth happening in our world-class industry, we look forward to carrying on the tradition for generations to come.
People also listened to this: Meet the creamiest pints of dairy-free ice cream with 5 ingredients: Frönen