Notability in the World of Wikipedia
Wikipedia Specialist and Content Strategist Kendall Leeper from To The Point Collaborative joins Enterprise Radio. Kendall has counseled corporate, nonprofit, and individual clients, helping them improve and update their Wikipedia articles.
Listen to host Eric Dye & guest Kendall Leeper discuss the following:
- What is ‘notability’ in the world of Wikipedia and why should I care?
- What is the value of being in Wikipedia?
- My social media community of followers is very large, why or why not will that help me get into Wikipedia?
- What is the single biggest mistake people and companies make when they try for Wikipedia indexing?
- Who are the volunteers of Wikipedia and how would someone become part of the Wikipedia team?
Kendall Leeper is a Wikipedia strategist who has counseled corporate, nonprofit, and individual clients, helping them improve and update their Wikipedia articles. Recently she helped poet and lyricist Larry Beckett get noticed by a British media company, and added best-selling author Julie Lythcott-Haims to the platform.
Prior to her Wikipedia focus, Kendall worked in strategic planning and project management. In her spare time, Kendall sings with the Portland-based band Bleuphonk, enjoys watching birds, sipping local wine, and traveling to the beach and Central Oregon with her husband and their four-legged dog-child, Auggie.
People also listened to this: This Entrepreneur is Redefining What it Means to be Clean