The Food Kit Phenomenon
Madhuri Sharma, Co-founder & COO of Global Belly, an online marketplace for ethnic cuisine cooking products joins eCommerce Radio.
Listen to host Eric Dye & guest Madhuri Sharma discuss the following:
- Can you give us some background on Global Belly and how it started?
- How is Global Belly creating new options to plan and prepare meals for customers?
- Meal kits have been growing fast—up 40.7% in the last year, according to Earnest Research. Why would Global Belly make a good partner for retailers looking to evolve their offersings to customers?
- What types of kit options does Global Belly currently offer?
- Do you have plans to expand, enter into retailers, etc.?
- The meal kit industry is a competitive one — what advice /lessons learned can you share for startup brands in their first year?
Madhuri Sharma is the Co-founder & COO of Global Belly, an online marketplace for ethnic cuisine cooking products. As a culinary producer and food stylist, Madhuri has worked on shows for the Food Network, and PBS. She also has an extensive background in broadcast and digital media production, working directly with brands or at agencies like Grey Global Group. She has a degree in Culinary Arts from the Institute of Culinary Education and a B.S in Film and TV Production from Boston University.
People also listened to this: How A Passion For Remodeling Turned Into A Full-Time Side Hustle