Extract the most business value from data using Data Mesh
Dr. Marian Siwiak, the Chief Data Science Officer at Cognition Shared Solutions LLC, a consulting company providing business process streamlining and alignment with data and risk joins Enterprise Radio.
Listento hostEric Dye & guest Dr. Marian Siwiak discuss the following:
- There are numerous architectures aimed at efficient data management – Data Warehouses, Data Lakes, or recently Data Fabric. Why do you think we need another one?
- Why do you think it’s business people who should learn about how data is managed? Isn’t it within the scope of IT departments?
- You mentioned the term “socio-technological paradigm”. Could you explain what exactly you mean by this?
- In your book “Data Mesh in Action”, you use a case study of a local company offering snow shoveling to homeowners. Is implementing Data Mesh really viable for such small cases, or is it rather an enterprise-scale solution?
- I imagine implementing this requires substantial investment and resources. How would you convince the management or board of a company to invest in Data Mesh?
- Where should data managers or owners start if they want to try Data Mesh in their organizations? Does it require a large transformation project, or can it be introduced through a pilot initiative?
Dr. Marian Siwiak has a Ph.D. in theoretical molecular biophysics and is the data scientist behind the world’s first published COVID global spread model. He held lecturing positions at several universities before moving into data science and business. In his career, he consulted for Fortune 500 companies, SMEs, and public sector organizations across the globe. His experience spans projects and data from numerous disciplines, including finance, retail, manufacturing, heart surgery, and rocket science. Recently he co-authored the book “Data Mesh in Action”, published by Manning.
People also listened to this: Transforming the Art, Charity, NFT and Health Sector through Frida.NFT