Church’s Chicken, taking major strides to establish its presence internationally through Texas Chicken
Bill Schreiber, Vice President of Global Business Development at Church’s Chicken® again joins Enterprise Radio to discuss the continued international expansion of the brand through its international namesake Texas Chicken.
This episode of Enterprise Radio is in association with the Franchising Channel.
Listen to interview with host Eric Dye & guest Bill Schreiber discuss the following:
- Church’s Chicken has become a global brand with over 40 international franchise groups. What are some things you look for when entering a new country and partnering with a new group?
- I understand that internationally you are marketed as Texas Chicken. Why the different name?
- What are some of the most recent new country entries for the Texas Chicken brand and how have consumers reacted to the decidedly American flavor of your products?
- You have been growing internationally at a pretty aggressive clip. What are your next geographical targets and why?
- It seems like most of your international franchisees are pretty large organizations, yet many of your domestic franchisees have smaller organizations. Why the difference?
- I understand you will be at the Multi-Unit Franchise Conference in Las Vegas in April. How do people contact you about either international or domestic growth opportunities?
Leveraging his experience in the food industry, Bill Schreiber leads and is responsible for identifying potential international and domestic franchise partners who are capable of developing multiple international and domestic Church’s Chicken® and Texas Chicken® restaurants. In addition, he is responsible for developing country entry plans, including internal support needed to meet opening commitments.
Previous to his current role as Vice President of Global Business Development, Schreiber held the title of Senior Director of International Development for Church’s® where he held the responsibility of sourcing, negotiating and qualifying new international franchisees for the Church’s® and Texas Chicken® brands. As Vice President of Worldwide Business Development, Schreiber brings more than 18 years of experience in franchise development.
Prior to joining Church’s Chicken® in 2009, Schreiber served at Arby’s Restaurant Group where he held several positions over the years such as: Vice President of Franchise Management, Senior Director of Franchise Management, Director of Franchise Management and Franchise Business Manager. As Vice President of Franchise Management, Schreiber was responsible for franchise operations in the Western Division of the United States, which included more than 250 franchisees and more than 1,900 restaurants. During this time he also served as the General Manager of Canada. Schreiber’s professional career also includes time as the Director of Development and Construction at Pollo Campero, USA and experience as the Director of Franchise Management for the Caribbean, Central American and Latin America at KFC.
Bill Schreiber graduated from the University of New Mexico with a Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice.