Behind the Scenes of a Custom Floral Design Studio
Margaret Williamson, Creative Director and Lead Designer at Leaf + Petal, which provides custom floral designs for weddings and corporate events in New Orleans joins Enterprise Radio.
Listen to host Eric Dye & guest Margaret Williamson discuss the following:
- You’re known for your garden aesthetic, what draws you to this look?
- How do you approach floral trends and what is trending in the industry right now?
- How does your approach change when you do corporate events as opposed to weddings?
- What is the most unique request that you’ve been asked as a floral designer?
- Where do you see the custom floral design industry going in the next 5 years?
Margaret Williamson, creative director and lead designer, founded Leaf + Petal in 2015. Leaf + Petal is a floral design studio based in the Lower Garden District of New Orleans that offers beautiful custom florals for weddings and corporate events. Their floral work has been published in various web and print publications, including Vogue, Style Me Pretty, and Green Wedding Shoes. Leaf + Petal has also partnered with major corporations and celebrities for events and weddings, including Mary J. Blige, Town & Country Magazine, and the BBC.
Prior to starting Leaf + Petal, Margaret worked in the fashion industry as director of PR & marketing for various showrooms based in New York, Los Angeles, and Dallas. Upon relocating to New Orleans, she decided to pursue her interest in floral design and received her floral license. After gaining valuable experience through working with established florists, she opened the doors to her own studio.
Margaret lives in New Orleans with her husband, who is an attorney, two pugs, and a kitty. In her spare time, which is unfortunately limited, she enjoys gardening and cocktailing.
People also listened to this: Decoding the Translation and Interpretation Industry