An introduction to making businesses a force for good with Valeria Duflot
Listen to host Eric Dye & guest Valeria Duflot discuss the following:
- Could you please give us a quick introduction on what you mean by business as a force for good?
- You run a social business yourself could you tell us more about it? What is the social challenge you identified and how you are trying to fix it?
- What are the components you think are essential to the success of a for-profit social enterprise?
- What are the most important lessons you have learned with Venezia Autentica and your previous ventures and initiatives?
- You believe conscious businesses are the future? Why are they important?
Tip: Your mission is your best asset. Identify a real societal or environmental challenge and communicate it clearly. You will build yourself the best marketing advantage possible: true vocal fans, advocating for your business on your behalf.
Valeria Duflot believes business and innovation should be forces for good. She is a co-founder of Venezia Autentica, a social business based in Venice, Italy. Prior to her current role, Valeria co-started and run a performance and community space in Bangalore, and worked as an international consultant in the health industry.
Valeria has hosted, (co)-organised and curated numerous events and festivals in the field of tech, innovation, performance arts, and entrepreneurship.
In December 2017, The Local listed her as one of the 7 most inspiring people of the year and her work has been featured in publications and media such as Rolling Stones, BBC, Arte TV, Slate.fr, Conde Nast Traveler, National Geographic Traveler and more.
Valeria is trilingual and holds degrees in Health & Biology and Business. She is also a neuro and mental health advocate.
People also listened to this: Choosing A Payments Company