No One Should Face Cancer Alone: A Conversation with Imerman Angels CEO & Executive Director Ben Bornstein
Ben Bornstein, CEO and Executive Director of Imerman Angels, an organization that provides personalized connections to enable one-on-one support among cancer fighters, survivors and caregivers joins Enterprise Radio.
Listen to interview with host Eric Dye & guest Ben Bornstein discuss the following:
- What is Imerman Angels? How did it come about?
- How does the company’s matching program work?
- As the CEO and Executive Director of Imerman Angels, and a cancer survivor yourself, what are you most proud of since taking this position?
- Given your extensive resume and experience in all sorts of leadership roles over the years, what’s a new aspect of starting and upkeeping a business that is so important now that wasn’t, say, 10 years ago?
- So we hear that you won a WeWork Creator Award. Tell us about that experience – how has competing in that competition and winning that financial award expanded your business?
Ben Bornstein serves as CEO and Executive Director of Imerman Angels and has been an active member of the Board of Directors for more than three years. He is also a 3-time cancer survivor and very active in local and national cancer organizations.
Most recently, Ben served as founder and Managing Director for Prospero Capital Management, LLC and as CFO of IQ7 Technology, Inc. Prior to those roles, he served as Partner and Portfolio Manager for Omega Advisors in NYC. Ben also has had a progressive career in roles with increasing responsibility at Orbis Investment (London/Bermuda), Goldman Sachs (NYC), and Oppenheimer & Co (NYC).
In addition to his professional successes, Ben has been actively involved in philanthropy throughout Chicago and nationally, serving in various board and volunteer capacities at Imerman Angels; PAWS Chicago (President, Development Board); Lurie Cancer Center (Northwestern); H Foundation (cancer research); Board 39 (young adult cancer survivors); Mercy for Animals; Harvard Alumni Entrepreneurs; Harvard Business School, Class Treasurer; Above and Beyond (addiction center); City Homes of Orleans; and Mott Children’s Hospital.
Ben earned a Masters of Business Administration (MBA) from Harvard Business School (graduating as a Baker Scholar) and Juris Doctor (JD) from Harvard Law School. He received his AB undergraduate degree from Princeton University where he graduated magna cum laude with a degree in economics.
- Imerman Angels: www.imermanangels.org
- WeWork: https://www.wework.com
- WeWork Creator Awards: https://creatorawards.wework.com
Facebook & Twitter:
- Imerman Angels
People also listened to this: Brass Tacks Collective: A School for the Future Advertising Exec