Why Digital Transformations Fail: The Surprising Disciplines of How to Take Off and Stay Ahead
Tony Saldanha, President of Transformant, a consulting firm specializing in assisting organizations through digital transformations and the author ofWhy Digital Transformations Fail: The Surprising Disciplines of How to Take Off and Stay Ahead joins Enterprise Radio.
This episode of Enterprise Radio is working in conjunction with the Author Channel.
- You’ve had an interesting journey, living on different continents and managing a multi-billion dollar global operation over three decades. What made you want to write a book now?
- Your book is titled “Why Digital Transformations Fail”. Wouldn’t it be better to talk about how to make them successful?
- We are indeed in the midst of the Fourth Industrial Revolution caused by digital technology disrupting the way entire industries are run. How should small and medium sized businesses be thinking about this? Is this an opportunity or a threat to them?
- How can small businesses, which don’t have the resources to hire expensive Artificial Intelligence experts cope with digital giants like Amazon, who do?
- Should small businesses, which are simpler than large companies and even grow much faster than them worry about digital disruption?
- Can you share real-life examples from your work at P&G on how you were able to use digital technologies to disrupt the way its internal operations are run?
Tony Saldanha is President of Transformant, a consulting firm specializing in assisting organizations through digital transformations. During his twenty-seven-year career at Procter & Gamble, he ran both operations and digital transformation for P&G’s famed global business services and IT organization in every region of the world, ending up as Vice President of Global Business services, next Generation services. He is an advisor to boards and CEOs on digital transformation, a sought-after speaker, and a globally awarded industry thought leader.
His new book is Why Digital Transformations Fail: The Surprising Disciplines of How to Take Off and Stay Ahead (Berrett-Koehler Publishers, July, 2019). Learn more at transformant.io.
People also listened to this: Why Our Old Approach to College is Putting a New Generation at Risk