Cordless Snow Blowers Buying Guide
Waking up in the morning only to find your entire backyard, car, and front driveway filled with snow is a common sight during the cold winter months. You have to shovel away all the snow in order to take your kids to school and also go to work. Having to work so hard early in the morning on a cold day will naturally get you all drained out physically. Add to that the fact that you can easily get late for work if you shovel through all the snow from your driveway. A good solution for you would be to go for a cordless snow blower.
When you talk about a cordless snow blower, it basically refers to the best battery powered snow blower, which is rather handy during the cold winter days. It not just helps to get rid of the accumulated snow from your property, it also ensures that your life is smoother than ever before on a cold and wet winter morning. These machines pick up the snow, just like you do, and throw it in another direction. However, they do it more mechanically.
Features to Consider While Buying a New Snow Blower
There are different types of cordless snow blowers out there and these come with different features. Thus, it is rather crucial that you consider some of the important features in order to choose the right model for your lawn.
- Rate of Clearance: This factor is dependent upon the amount of snow that you need to clear and the time you can give for the task. There are several models of cordless snow blowers in the market that can easily clear anything between 300 and 450 pounds of snow every minute. If you wish to use the machine for domestic purposes, then a model with a clearance rate of around 300 pounds a minute will be sufficient.
- Width of Clearance: This feature mainly refers to the width of the path your cordless snow blower can successfully clear for you. This width ranges from 13 inches to 21 inches depending upon the model.
- Weight: There are several cordless snow blowers that weigh more than others. These machines weigh from anything from 14 pounds to 25 pounds. Thus, always make sure to choose a model that is within your comfort range of handling it.
- Depth: It is needless to say that the deeper the level of snow, the deeper your snow blower needs to clear. The models normally have a depth range of 6 inches to 12 inches. Thus, it is important that you choose the right model carefully.
- Chute: There are some specific cordless snow blowers that come with the advantage of the chute that can be angled at different angles. This adds to the convenience of using the machine. Always check the distance that the blower will throw the snow. This distance range may start from 20 feet and go up all the way to 35 feet. Choosing the model with the right distance range makes a major difference.