Where motivation comes from with Holly Stokes
- A lot of times people think, I just need more motivation, so where does motivation come from?
- You talk about the problem with goals, what are some common ways that people get tripped up with goal setting and motivation?
- A lot of business owners would say they just need more motivation, but in your Instant Motivation Kit, you talk about how motivation can be tricky – can you tell us more about that?
- Can you give us an example of how you can use your brain for Instant Motivation?
- You’re giving away the Instant Motivation Kit as part of your Year of Appreciation. Where can they get that?
Holly Stokes, The Brain Trainer
Author, Master Neuro –Linguistic Programming Coach, Hypnosis
Having a clear plan and knowing what to do is important, but it is not enough. What really gets in the way of whether we follow through on our goals are old habits, mental blocks, underlying fears, lack of motivation, self criticism and self sabotage. And these are all mental patterns wired into your brain! Over the years, she has helped hundreds of business owners wire their brain for increased sales, profits, motivation and success.
Holly began working with at-risk teens as wilderness counselor where she worked closely with psychologists to help teens overcome addictions, learn positive communications and build self-esteem. This led her to finish her Bachelor of Science in Psychology at Portland State University. While doing her coursework, she was fascinated with research on the brain which inspired her to certify in Hypnosis and Neuro-Linguistic Programming. NLP looks at how the brain codes information and how we can use that code to effect personal change at a foundational level.
In her continued search for professional development she later added Master NLP Certification, NLP Health Certification and Thought Pattern Management. This spectrum of modalities gives Holly a unique perspective on human behavior, motivation and achievement. She teaches classes and workshops in Salt Lake City, and works with clients one on one locally and internationally through webconferencing.
Ms. Stokes has authored two books and professionally recorded several CDs designed to change negative mental patterns. In June 2010, she released her first book, A Lighter You! Train your Brain to Slim your Body which offers mental strategies for changing the old habits, cravings and mental blocks around weight gain. She has created several “Train your Brain” audios designed to ‘rewire’ the brain for health, happiness and success. Her articles have appeared in Healthy Utah magazine, she has been quoted in Shape magazine, Active Times and has appeared locally on ABC’s ‘Good 4 Utah’ as well as several radio show appearances.
Education & Certifications:
• Psychology BS: Portland State University, Portland, OR
• M.NLP: Certified Master Neuro-Linguistic Practitioner, NLPCA San Francisco, CA
• NLP Health Certified Coach, NLP Coaching Institute, San Francisco, CA
• C.TPM: Certified Thought Pattern Management Practitioner, ALI, Portland, OR
• Certified NLP Coach, Choices, Seattle, WA
• CHt. Certified Hypnotherapist, Apositiva, Portland, OR