Valerie Riley of LifeSquire discusses groundbreaking new franchise opportunity
Valerie Riley, President and Founder of LifeSquire, a personal assistant franchise joins Enterprise Radio to discuss this groundbreaking new franchise opportunity.
This episode of Enterprise Radio is in association with the Franchising Channel.
Listen to interview with host Eric Dye & guest Valerie Riley discuss the following:
- Explain LifeSquire. What do your personal assistants do?
- How did the business idea come about?
- When did you decide this was a business that could be franchised?
- What opportunities are there for entrepreneurs to get involved with LifeSquire by owning a franchise?
- Does a franchisee need a background as a personal assistant in order to purchase a LifeSquire franchise?
- What makes LifeSquire a unique franchise opportunity?
- How can people get in touch with you to discuss franchise opportunities?
Valerie Riley founded LifeSquire based on a set of core beliefs.
The company’s employees should practice fairness, honesty, integrity and consideration for others. After all, those were the skills she employed during her time as an up-and-coming personal assistant.
Riley parlayed those traits – practiced during a six-year career as a personal assistant and concierge in the Dallas area – into her own company, LifeSquire.
During her time in Dallas, Riley laid the foundation for LifeSquire and its set of core philosophies. She realized she was a natural caretaker. She felt the job of personal assistant – or lifestyle manager – was a perfect fit for her personality.
Once she moved to Oklahoma City, Riley saw a need in the community for busy people who didn’t want a full-time employee, but could afford additional help. Her passion to serve others was combined with her knowledge of the market, and in March 2010, Riley founded her company, then called The Riley Group. In the ensuing years, Riley focused on the areas of team-building, hiring and financial planning.
In September 2014, the duo rebranded the company as LifeSquire, with an eye on franchising the concept.
Now Riley, a native Californian who has called Oklahoma home since 2009, takes pride in developing and offering a concierge service model that not only offers a unique and well-thought-out service, but also is profitable and sustainable.