Triller – A Cultural Platform for Today’s Generation
Mike Lu, the CEO of Triller, the AI-powered music video “social streaming”™ platform that lets users create and share professional looking music videos in a matter of seconds joins Enterprise Radio.
Listen to host Eric Dye & guest Mike Lu discuss the following:
- What is Triller’s vision?
- How big is the Triller community and what is the cultural impact the platform have on popular culture?
- You have grown 39 percent during the corona pandemic, what do you attribute that growth to?
- What type of content are streaming on a daily basis?
- How can brands monetize on Triller?
Triller has become a cultural phenomenon and a powerhouse in the music and popular culture. In fact, the company has continued to grow 39 percent during the Covid-19 pandemic.
The “social streaming” platform lets users create and share professional looking music videos in a matter of seconds has experienced skyrocketing growth in 2020. The company has raised over 37 million and is also backed by A list talent The Weeknd, Marshmello, Lil Wayne, Pitbull, and Snoop Dogg, among others.
Recently the company was showcased at the Snap Summit as a partner and has become instrumental in leading relevant discussions on relevant discussions including Black Lives Matter and Covid-19.
Some of Triller’s 2020 Milestones include:
- Continued growth through COVID-19 pandemic with a 39-percent increase in users to over 85 million.
- Triller community has been very responsive to Black Lives Matter and “Do it For Floyd Campaign”
- Tens of thousands of submissions for its “Step Up to the Mic” online talent contest in which one winner will receive a record deal.
- 5M fans attended the Trillerfest online music festival to benefit COVID-19 featuring 120 top artists including PitBull, Snoop Dogg and Marshmello. Trillerfest is the most successful online music festival of all time.
- Triller spotlights the “Who’s Who” in music with A-list talent including Eminem Da Baby, Lil Yachty, Steve Aoki, and more leveraging Triller to connect with their fans.
- The platform has fostered new talent, attracting managers and record label scouts. Emerging artists Drigyy and IDPizzle have secured record deals after going viral on Triller.
- Triller was recently featured at the Snap Summit and has integrated Snapchat and Snap’/s Camera Kit into its platform for further creativityTriller features one-of-a-kind full integration with Apple Music.
Mike Lu has over 16 years of product and technology experience working in mobile/social games and online media. He co-founded Fusion8, which was acquired by popular social media company RockYou in spring of 2016. Mike was previously VP of product at GREE and executive producer at Funzio when it was acquired by GREE in 2012. Before mobile, he was employee five at YuMe (NYSE:YUME), an online video advertising technology company. Mike is also a restaurateur working with notable chefs like Dominique Crenn of Atelier Crenn.
People also listened to this: Sarah Haugen Created Vitalist Food for Your Health and the Health of the Planet