Thrive as an Entrepreneur: Tips for Wellness Industry Professionals
Katherine Parker, Co-Founder of Yomassage, a resource for wellness professionals and individuals offering a fusion of relaxing, supported yoga poses with hands-on massage therapy joins Enterprise Fit Radio.
Listen to host Eric Dye & guest Katherine Parker discuss the following:
- Wellness entrepreneurs such as massage therapists face a dilemma, they thrive on serving clients individually, but this can take a toll on their physical well-being and their bottom line. Can you explain more to us about this catch-22?
- Your company, Yomassage, offers an approach that, I understand, helps break through this revenue and physical stamina barrier. How does the Yomassage model work?
- Is massage therapy and the wellness industry a good place for an entrepreneur to launch a business in 2019?
- What do you see as wellness entrepreneurs strengths and weaknesses in building a business?
- What inspired you and your partner to create the Yomassage offering?
Tip: Wellness industry entrepreneurs: diversify your offerings and price points, not being able to scale is the Achilles heel of most massage therapists!
Born and raised in a small town in Missouri, Yomassage Co-Founder Katherine Parker graduated from the University of Texas with a degree in Arabic and Middle Eastern Studies. She moved to Portland, OR with plans to attend law school, but at the age of 22, decided to fulfill her dreams of being an entrepreneur and opened up a yoga studio instead. A year later, she acquired a larger yoga studio nearby and is now the owner of Studio PDX. Katherine is passionate about yoga, mindfulness, bodywork, and business and is excited to be combining them all with Yomassage.
Yomassage is changing the massage industry with a combination of massage therapy and restorative yoga, offering training and certification for massage therapist professionals.
Yomassage is an innovation that helps therapists extend their careers and increase revenue, by serving multiple clients, offering a unique experience and creating an entrepreneurial opportunity to establish or expand their practice.
For clients, Yomassage provides an affordable option for regular self-care through body work, delivering a restorative yoga experience with therapeutic massage at a price that makes it easy to include as part of a self-care routine.
People also listened to this: Dean Kilby, Metabolic Clinic Expert discusses Metabolic Syndrome and Type 2 Diabetes