The Value of Lifestyle Medicine with Dr. Kimberly Parks
Dr. Kimberly Parks of Synergy Private Health, where she uses an integrative approach to health management: to help address existing conditions and enhance wellness through prevention and lifestyle support joins Enterprise Fit Radio.
Listen to host Eric Dye & guest Dr. Kimberly Parks discuss the following:
- Dr. Parks, why don’t you start by telling us a little about your medical background — how you became a physician, a specialist in cardiology, and an expert in lifestyle medicine?
- You emphasize lifestyle and preventative medicine in your approach to care. Can you talk about why you think that’s important and an effective approach for your patients.
- Food seems to play a particularly critical role in a healthy lifestyle. Can you tell us about your approach to Culinary Medicine and the types of teaching and events you offer at Synergy Private Health?
- You started Synergy Private Health as a concierge-style (membership-based) medical program. Why do you think that was the best model to support your vision and your unique approach to personalized care?
- What kind of feedback have you received from Synergy Private Health Members? What aspects of the lifestyle approach and the membership experience do they seem to appreciate the most?
- What would your best advice be for other doctors who are considering the lifestyle medicine approach and/or transitioning to a concierge model?
Dr. Kimberly Parks, DO, FACC, is a Harvard-trained clinician, educator, and researcher who is passionate about providing enhanced care using a holistic approach with wellness at its core. She holds three board certifications: Internal Medicine, Cardiology and Advanced Heart Failure and Transplantation, and has been practicing in the Boston community for over 10 years. Dr. Parks has extensive experience managing and treating complex medical problems, and through this, became interested in ways to prevent disease and optimize health. At Synergy Private Health, Dr. Parks uses an integrative approach to health management: to help address existing conditions and enhance wellness through prevention and lifestyle support. With the evolution of our complex medical system, she believes it’s time to put caring into health and health into healthcare.
People also listened to this: How a high frequency trader is changing the face of fitness for those who like to train at home but also love technology