The role training plays in employee engagement
Russ Page, President of Canvass a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) based sales enablement platform that allows sales managers to track customers, manage teams and train sales professionals joins Enterprise Radio.
Listen to host Eric Dye & guest Russ Page discuss the following:
- What is Canvass and what does the company do?
- What differentiates Canvass from others in the sales enablement industry?
- What is the market for sales enablement software?
- What are the most effective ways to train sales professionals?
- Sales is starting to break from traditional training methods, what role does technology play in sales training?
- How does proper training help retain talented sales people?
- What role does training play in employee engagement?
- I’ve heard the phrase “nothing happens without sales,” but it seems like sales often gets overlooked. Why is that?
- Are good sales people born or made?
- Mark Cuban once said that everybody should do door-to-door sales to start their careers. What skills does door-to-door sales provide?
Russ Page is the President of Canvass. Canvass is a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) based sales enablement platform that allows sales managers to track customers, manage teams and train sales professionals.
As President he is responsible for establishing the vision, strategy and overall direction of the company, including the strategy for all marketing and communications, public relations, branding, social media, internal communications, media production and product management.
Page has more than 15 years experience in entrepreneurship, leadership and marketing disciplines. Over the course of his career he has consulted with more than 200 brands, including Cricket Wireless, Utah Jazz, Salt Lake Bees, Pepsi, Monavie, Cafe Rio, Ragnar Relay, Easton, Rodizio Grill, Vivint, Wilson Electronics, weBoost, Surecall, Sunrun, Morris Murdock Travel, PC Laptops, Merle Norman, Pinnacle Security, The Color Run, Mozy, Executech, Fezzari Bicycles, MTN Ops, and many others.
Prior to starting Canvass, Page was a Founder of Fifty Studio, a Utah-based digital agency where he managed the company’s operations, marketing and sales teams and helped grow its revenue 1900 percent before the team was acui-hired in 2015. The consulting expertise he provided at Fifty Studio helped seven of his clients get acquired. In addition to Fifty Studio, Page has started four other businesses over the course of his career.
Page received a bachelor’s degree in Communications from Brigham Young University and is an amateur ice cream maker and a big fan of mountain biking and the outdoors. He is married and a father of four.
People also listened to this: Trust and Relationships in Advertising