The Growing Demand for After-School Programs
John Collins, the Vice President of Kumon North America’s Center Network Development that has been helping Kumon Math and Reading Centers grow since he joined the company almost ten years ago joins Enterprise Radio. Even during 2020, John was able to help 124 franchisees launch new businesses!
This episode of Enterprise Radio is in association with the Franchise Channel.
Listen to host Eric Dye & guest John Collins discuss the following:
- For those who are not familiar with Kumon, give us a little background.
- As an afterschool program, how big is Kumon in the industry?
- How can one become a Kumon franchisee? What are the benefits?
- How successful and rewarding is it owning and running a Kumon Center?
- What challenges should a prospective franchisee expect and how does Kumon address them?
- For those that want to learn more about Kumon franchise and opening a Kumon center, what should they do now?
John Collins joined Kumon as a Branch Manager in 2012, moving to General Manager for the Northeast Region and then to his current role as Vice President and Manager of Center Network Development. He is responsible for franchisee recruitment and the successful opening of new Kumon Centers. Despite the pandemic in 2020, John was instrumental in helping 124 franchisees launch new businesses!
John brings a sales and customer service leadership background, along with a passion for education and helping kids to this role. John has 4 kids, who have also attended Kumon. Outside of work, John enjoys working out and spending quality time with his family.
As a comprehensive program, Kumon serves children in preschool through high school. The learning method uses an individualized approach that helps children develop a solid command of math and reading skills. Through daily practice and mastery of materials, students increase confidence, improve concentration, and develop better study skills. Founded in Japan in 1958, Kumon has over four million students enrolled at more than 25,000 learning centers in more than 55 countries and regions. Visit www.kumon.com or call 1-800-ABC-MATH (1-800-222-6284) to learn more.
People also listened to this: Clearfind, changing the way companies manage and optimize software with data