The Business of Beauty, Healing, and Scars
Dr. Christopher Zoumalan, a Board-Certified Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon and founder of Skinuva™ Scar, who inspired by his passion for science and medicine joins Enterprise Fit Radio.
Listen to host Eric Dye & guest Dr. Christopher Zoumalan discuss the following:
- What made you go into your field of plastic surgery?
- What was your inspiration for creating Skinuva?
- What were the challenges in starting your business, Skinuva?
- What was your mission at the outset?
- What is involved in scientifically creating and developing a scar cream?
- How is Skinuva different from other products on the market?
- As a health/medical product, are there any rules, requirements, or regulations you have to take into account when marketing or selling?
- Tell us about what it’s like to lead a medical practice? We don’t hear about that often, what are some of the larger business hurdles and how do overcome them?
- If you had one piece of advice to someone just starting out a. Running a medical practice and then b.. Launching a medical product, what would it be?
Dr. Christopher Zoumalan is a board-certified Oculoplastic Surgeon, who practices in Beverly Hills. In addition to providing his expertise in cosmetic and reconstructive eyelid surgery, Dr. Zoumalan is a researcher and professor. He has published over 65 peer reviewed publications, book chapters, and international abstracts.
Dr. Zoumalan is also an Adjunct Clinical Professor at USC Keck School of Medicine, Department of Ophthalmology. He has been involved in the teaching of medical students, residents, and fellows for the past 15 years at different institutions during his training, including Stanford Medical School, NYU Medical School, and Columbia College of Physicians and Surgeons.
Dr. Zoumalan received training at Stanford University and also NYU and Columbia University in the fields of Ophthalmology and Ophthalmic Plastic Surgery. He continues to perform cutting each research who has been investigating scars and scar treatments for over a decade.
People also listened to this: Alternative Food Network, helping you make better food choices one show at a time