If you know anything about engaging an audience, you will know that pull up banners and video marketing are some of the most effective ways of going about things. However, that doesn’t mean that other methods aren’t also worth pursuing. In recent years, podcasts have become extremely popular. There are thousands of podcasts out there for us to choose from, many of which are created by small businesses. A podcast is a fantastic way to boost brand awareness, to market products and to connect with your target audience. This is why more and more businesses are focusing their marketing efforts on podcasts. Though you may not currently think of yourself as a professional podcaster, things could be about to change.
Why You Should Have a Podcast For Your Business
- Podcasts Help to Build a Customer Relationship – As a business, it’s very important to build a strong relationship with customers and to have a loyal customer base. Though podcasts are one-sided and come from you, they are great at building relationships with those who listen. People listening to a podcast feel a connection with the podcasters, as they begin to feel as though they know them. This is very important for a business, as trusted businesses are likely to have repeat business.
- Podcasts Can Be More Effective Than Videos – There’s no denying that a lot of good can come out of creating videos for a business. They can be shared on social media, they can advertise products, they are engaging for an audience and they can go viral. However, this is only the case if the videos are high quality. If you are not comfortable with shooting a video, a podcast can be a much more effective alternative. A poorly created video can damage the reputation of any business. Podcasts also require less expertise and there’s no need to worry about sound, lighting and finding good angles.
- Podcasts Increase Traffic Generation – If a podcast is good, listeners are likely to subscribe and listen regularly. This continually reminds them of who you are and what you do, which can drive them to the website and to get in touch. People are always keen to recommend podcasts to friends and family, which in turn grows your audience and boosts your traffic. Don’t make the mistake of assuming that a podcast is unable to drive traffic to the website.
- Podcasts Are Easy to Create – Though you will need to do some research into how to make a podcast, they are relatively easy to create. Expensive equipment and training isn’t necessary, which is why so many people get started as complete novices. Once a podcast has been recorded, it’s time to edit. This is also relatively easy and you’re unlikely to need any specialist equipment. Whereas a high quality video requires high quality equipment, a high quality podcast does not.
- Podcasts Are Engaging – There’s a lot of information for people to take in, especially if they spend a lot of time online. This can mean that a lot of written content and video gets lost in the crowd. This is why standing out is key, you need to stand out from competitors and the information they are giving. A podcast provides information audibly, which is a break from the standard way in which a lot of people receive information.
As you can see, there are a tonne of benefits that come with creating a podcast for your business. Though the idea may initially seem daunting and complex, it’s something that most businesses are able to achieve successfully.