The 57th Display Week, presented by the Society for Information Display
Dr. Radu Reit, Vice-Chair of the Marketing Committee at the Society for Information Display (SID) joins Enterprise Radio.
The 57th Display Week, presented by the Society for Information Display, will take place in San Francisco, California. Display Week is the world’s leading event focused on emerging electronic display and visual information technologies.
Listen to host Eric Dye & guest Dr. Radu Reit discuss the following:
- Can you tell us about your background and your involvement in the Society for Information Display?
- Tell us more about the Society for Information Display and the upcoming Display Week 2020?
- At Display Week there is a young engineering spotlight. Can you explain the mission of that and whom should attend?
- How did you go about getting your first engineering job? With an enterpreneur mindset, you own a startup, correct? Can you tell us more about that endeavor and should engineering students look into owning a business right when they graduate?
- What are some entrepreneurial opportunities young engineers can take advantage of in the display industry?
- You also will have a job fair at Display Week 2020 for young engineers, tell us about that and is it just for young engineers or can senior students also attend?
- Let’s talk about what makes a young engineering graduate attractive to CEOs. What are some tips that you recommend to those grads in the engineering field when looking for a new position?
- Do you feel engineering is a field where there is work/life balance and anything you do to maintain that balance in a high demanding field?
- You talk about making your resume bot friendly. What do you mean by that?
- Can you expand on the networking aspect. Do you feel it is critical to network to land your first position and how did you go about networking?
- To attend Display Week 2020 where can one get registered and when does registration begin?
- Do you need to register separately for the Young Engineer’s Spotlight?
Dr. Radu Reit is the Vice-Chair of the Marketing Committee at the Society for Information Display (SID). SID provides a unique platform for industry collaboration, communication, and training in all related technologies while showcasing the industry’s best new products. Display Week 2020 will be held June 7-12, 2020, in San Francisco.
Dr. Reit is also founder and Chief Technology Officer at Ares Materials, where his work is focused on expanding the use of UV-curable polysulfide chemistries into the electronic display manufacturing space, with a specific focus on enabling new products for dynamic form-factor displays in flexible or foldable applications.
People also listened to this: Mable, the first on-line, centralized, B2B grocery ordering platform