Soapsox Bath Scrub, The Next Generation of Washcloths for Kids
Listen to interview with host Eric Dye & guests Ray Phillips & Alvin Uy discuss the following:
- Please tell our listeners the history behind SoapSox.
- What makes SoapSox an attractive product for parents that may need help getting their kids to cooperate during bathtime?
- Tell me about your experience with Shark Tank. Do you advice business owners who are just getting started with a new invention to explore being on the show?
- How did you prepare for your experience on the show?
- Did you take the deal? Why or why not?
- Where do you see SoapSox headed a year from now?
SoapSox® began when Founder and CEO Ray Phillips worked as a Program Director at a residential treatment facility with children who have experienced trauma. Ray found that one of the most difficult times of the day was bath time. Children would argue, cry, and even attempt to hide to avoid taking a bath. After repeated struggles with one child who could not part with his favorite stuffed animal to bathe, Ray came up with the idea of modifying it to hold soap – the child was presented with the then modified stuffed animal and agreed to bathe. Ray continued to use this strategy over the years with children until learning that no product like it existed on the market.
Through his network of friends, Phillips met Alvin Uy, who heads a creative agency that develops products for brands including Disney, Hasbro, and Mattel. Uy came on board to help develop SoapSox® as the co-founder and vice president.
After nearly two years of development, SoapSox® was introduced to the world in 2013 after a successful KickStarter campaign. SoapSox® was then born!