Small businesses need to ignore the idea of brand building with Steve Gumm
Steve Gumm, serial entrepreneur and currently the founder of a new start-up, Drop In Local, where he’s focused on championing the people and passion behind small, local businesses joins Enterprise Radio.
- How can small businesses compete when they lack the capital and reach of big box/national brands?
- Why do you think so many small businesses fail every year?
- How does a small business create a compelling story that quickly connects with the local market and local consumers?
- We’ve heard all about branding, brand building and so forth. You tell small businesses to ignore the idea of brand building. Why?
- What are the biggest obstacles to small business success today in your opinion?
Steve Gumm is a nationally recognized strategic marketer and speaker. Steve’s passion is helping small, local businesses connect on a deeper level with the markets they serve through video marketing and video SEO strategies.
His current business, Drop In Local, offers a strategic mix of video marketing, SEO and local deals to help small businesses thrive in this competitive, digital world.
[box_blue]Note: If you would like to listen to a podcast right away you can hear a sample by clicking on the “play” button on our podcasts page. If you would like to play your podcast later or take it on the road, you will first need to subscribe to and download the podcast using the subscription software on your computer, such as itunes. Then you will have to transfer the podcast file to your portable media device. We recommend the following subscription software for the best user experience: