Preparing for Life After the Sale of Your Business
Marshall Rowe, Jim Fitts, and John Weeks, owners of Harvest Capital, a wealth management firm and family office that helps families through the transition of selling a business joins Enterprise Radio. They are co-authors of the new book, Your Next Adventure: Planning For Life After the Sale of Your Business.
This episode of Enterprise Radio is working in conjunction with the Author Channel.
Listen to host Eric Dye & guests Marshall Rowe, Jim Fitts, and John Weeks discuss the following:
- Your new book, Your Next Adventure, is a guide to help entrepreneurs through the transition of selling a business. Why do business owners need a specific guide like this?
- What common challenges do entrepreneurs face when trying to sell a business, and how can they solve for them?
- You point out in the book that many business owners don’t prepare for what life will look like after the sale, which can be crushing. What specific tips do you have for making sure you’re emotionally prepared for what’s next?
- If someone is considering selling a business, when should they start planning, and why?
- What is your number one piece of advice for entrepreneurs who are selling their business?
Summary/Tip: To take on a business transition happily, successfully, and securely, you need a holistic plan that incorporates personal, family, and financial concerns. You need to do some prep work to create a future filled with potential, purpose, and satisfaction for you and those you care about.
Marshall Rowe, President, CEO, and founder of Harvest Capital, has over thirty years’ experience developing portfolio strategies and analyzing investment opportunities.
James Fitts, CFP, Managing Director, and Chief Planning Officer, has been assessing personal and business financial positions and advising family-owned businesses on ownership and succession for more than forty years.
John Weeks, CExP, Managing Director of Family Wealth and Business Transition Planning, is a financial service professional who has been working in wealth management, commercial banking, and family business for over thirty years.
Together at Harvest Capital, they help clients attain life goals, as well as financial objectives.
People also listened to this: RETIRE RESET! What You Need To know and Your Financial Advisor May Not Be Telling You