Meet the ecommerce entrepreneur that built an upscale Hawaiian shirt empire from the beach
Kenny Haisfield, Founder and CEO of Kenny Flowers, a clothing and lifestyle brand that makes fun, high-quality attire that makes you look and feel incredible out there joins eCommerce Radio.
Listen to host Eric Dye & guest Kenny Haisfield discuss the following:
1. How did Kenny Flowers get started?
2. What was the biggest challenge in the beginning stages of starting an ecommerce business?
3. What would you have done differently when starting this business?
4. How did you first approach starting an apparel company without previous experience? Did you seek out any experts?
5. Did you have any mentors along the way? Do you think mentors are something a new business owner should seek out?
6. Have you considered funding?
7. What was the first moment you were able to realize that you could do this full time and quit your corporate job?
Kenny Haisfield is the founder of Kenny Flowers, a clothing & lifestyle brand known for putting a fresh spin on tropical shirts, swim and beachwear. Kenny Flowers’ fun, stylin’ attire is made fresh in Bali, so, no matter where you wear it, you have a bit of paradise with you at all times.
Kenny is a graduate of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, where he was a Robertson Scholar and a double major in Economics and International Relations. Before escaping to paradise, he was a digital strategy consultant with IBM, when he decided to book a one-way ticket to Bali and put a bloomin’ remix his dad’s classic Hawaiian shirt. What resulted was a lifestyle line of funky prints, fresh fits, bright colors, coconut buttons, and unbelievably soft island fabrics that make you look and feel incredible out there.
Kenny is known for his work hard, vacation hard lifestyle (and for wearing a Hawaiian shirt 365 days a year). He is also a social entrepreneur at heart, having started a nonprofit organization that sponsors underprivileged Indonesian teenagers to continue their education past high school, realize their ambitions and become leaders in their communities.
People also listened to this: Inspiring Mom-preneur launches the biggest pregnancy subscription company