How to Find Your Voice in the Digital Age
Caroline Goyder, who has an international reputation for her work as an expert speaker and trainer with senior management within organizations as well as private individuals joins Enterprise Radio. She worked for many years at London’s Royal Central School of Speech and Drama as a voice coach before launching her own company. Her new book is called: Find Your Voice: The Secret to Talking with Confidence in Any Situation.
This episode of Enterprise Radio is in association with the Author Channel.
Listen to host Eric Dye & guest Caroline Goyder discuss the following:
- What inspired you to write this book?
- What have you learned working with actors and broadcasters that can help regular people.
- What are the secrets to speaking with confidence during a lockdown?
- Why does the voice matter to leaders when leading remotely? What do they need to learn to lead well during Covid 19?
- Why do our voices shake when we get nervous and what can we do to overcome them?
- Why do we hate our voices so much when we hear them on messages?
- Why is everyone turning their camera off on zoom calls (even when the bandwidth is ok?
- How can we learn to speak up and stand out in video calls – without feeling self conscious or too loud
- Why do people fear public speaking so much?
- What are the biggest fears you hear regularly from C suite clients and how do you help them to overcome them.
Caroline Goyder has an international reputation for her work as an expert speaker and trainer with senior management within organizations as well as private individuals. She worked for many years at London’s Royal Central School of Speech and Drama as a voice coach before launching her own company. She is regularly sought out by the media, and has been featured on television and in numerous national and international newspapers. Her new book is Find Your Voice: The Secret to Talking with Confidence in Any Situation (Penguin Random House UK, Jan. 30, 2020). You can find Caroline across social media: @Carolinegoyder.
Social Media Links:
TEDX (7.5 million views): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2MR5XbJtXU
People also listened to this: 5 Tips SMBs Must Know to Re-Ignite and Drive their B2B Sales in the New Norm