How Ryan Skinner’s Battle With Addiction Helped Him Emerge A Better Businessman
Ryan Skinner, Founder and Co-owner of Summit Financial Partners, author of Taking Stock: Protect Your Wealth and Create Reliable Income for a Happy and Secure Retirement, and a survivor of drug addiction joins Enterprise Radio.
Listen to host Eric Dye & guest Ryan Skinner discuss the following:
- You’ve dealt with addiction to alcohol, pills, and heroin. Talk a little bit about how and why that began.
- What were some of the effects of drug addiction in both your professional and personal life?
- What was the defining moment in your struggle with addiction that caused you to begin the road to recovery, and how were you able to re-build your career?
- What role do your past experiences play in your current business practices and how do you apply the lessons you’ve learned to professional situations?
- What would you say to someone who is dealing with addiction right now and wants to turn their life around?
Ryan Skinner is Founder and co-owner of Summit Financial Partners, a Woburn, MA-based firm offering a range of services including retirement planning, life insurance and long-term disability. Author of Taking Stock: Protect Your Wealth and Create Reliable Income for a Happy and Secure Retirement, Ryan and Summit Financial Partners have been seen in some of the most recognized American news publications, including Fortune, Forbes, USA Today and The Wall Street Journal.
Ryan Skinner is living proof that survival from a dark, downward spiral is possible. Once an addict in his mid-twenties, he was given a second chance at life, and he took full advantage. Today this passionate businessman speaks about recovery in high school drug awareness initiatives, has guest lectured at The Heroin Education Awareness Task Force Program and hosts an addiction recovery group.
People also listened to this: Jay Jackson: Leading You to a Life of Prosperity