How I went from a mother to CEO for her kids
Desiree Vargas Wrigley, the CEO and Founder of Pearachute Kids that focuses on finding local activities for all families of all ages joins Enterprise Radio.
This episode of Enterprise Radio is in association with the Startup Companies Channel.
Listento hostEric Dye& guest Desiree Vargas Wrigley discuss the following:
- What is Pearachute?
- Who would you say is your target audience?
- Can you explain the subscription model and how it works?
- When and why did you start Pearachute?
- What have been some challenges you have faced?
- Tell us about Shark Tank?
- What areas is Pearachute available in?
- What makes Pearachute different from other subscription-based startups for kids?
- What do you see in the future for Pearachute?
Desiree is our founder and mother/stepmother of three fantastic children, Griffin, Aedan, and Danielle. She created Pearachute out of her own frustrations with constantly having to reschedule Griffin’s activities because of unexpected changes in her family’s schedule. As a working mom, she wanted the activities her family invested in to be a source of happiness—not stress. Now, she loves dropping into All-Age classes with her kids on the weekends.
Prior to launching Pearachute, Desiree founded one of the world’s first crowdfunding platforms, GiveForward. She is passionate about entrepreneurship and the impact it has on our communities and spends her free time mentoring and teaching entrepreneurs.
People also listened to this: The Last Pillow You’ll Ever Buy: Pillow Perfection from Kozaye