How a Marketing Agency was Built During COVID and Thrived
Albert Chou, Managing Partner and Accounts Director of Diesel Jack Media, a marketing and advertising firm based in Durham, North Carolina joins Enterprise Radio.
Listen to host Eric Dye & guest Albert Chou discuss the following:
- What is Diesel Jack Media and why was it created during the onset of the pandemic?
- How is your approach different from other marketing agencies?
- How has your background in marketing shaped you in creating one of kind strategies for clients while working for Diesel Jack Media?
- What are some of most successful marketing campaigns that you have created to date for Diesel Jack clients?
- Your current client load consists of a lot of veteran owned companies, how did that come about?
- Where do you see Diesel Jack Media in 2 years as far as revenue and client load?
Albert Chou is a managing partner and accounts director at Diesel Jack Media, and brings a customer service mindset to the company. He has been able to scale and exit multiple companies using a simple 3 step strategy:
- Be on-time
- Focus on what a customer will get (deliverables)
- Give extra
This philosophy has helped him grow multiple organizations into triple digit growth on a year over year basis while selling a variety of products and services spanning B2B enterprise software to adult party games on a consumer level.
His direct involvement has helped Mission.org to over 4M podcast downloads per year, AddShoppers e-commerce software to be named a Top 50 fastest growing company in Charlotte two years in a row, and Expion software company to be acquired by Sysomos Software in 2016, and Sysomos software to be acquired again by Meltwater in 2018.
His side projects include Composure Card game getting fully backed on Kickstarter and optioned into a TV Show by the producers of The Misery Index on TBS, and Droparoo daily deals Shopify application getting acquired and currently supporting 1,000s of merchants today.
Along the way he has served the following clients on social insights and social media marketing strategies:
- AMC Movie Theaters
- Estee Lauder Companies
- In-N-Out Burger
- Mondelez International
2020 – Diesel Jack Media started, and named host of IT Visionaries, a podcast with over 1M downloads
2019 – Mission.org scales to over 4M Downloads per year and a Top 10 Medium Publication
2019 – Composure Card Game Kickstarter is fully backed and optioned for TV Show
2018 – Best of 2018, Apple Podcasts
2017, 2018 – Fastest Growing Tech Company in Charlotte, NC
2018 – Sysomos is acquired by Meltwater
2016 – Expion is acquired by Sysomos
2015 – Forrester and Gartner rank Expion as best customer service in the SMMS category
2015 – Droparoo is acquired by agency Brand New Ship
2011 – First Start Up Experience at Expion
2008 – Stock Market Crash forces hand to focus on scaling businesses
2005 – Dog Toy Company, Dog Nasty
People also listened to this: Diesel Jack Advertising Agency Celebrates 1 year Anniversary, Founded During the Pandemic