Guidelines for Gesturing with Dr. Bill Lampton
Guidelines for Gesturing – How should you gesture when giving a speech? Do you feel awkward enough just trying to remember your speech?
In this episode of Speech Coaching Radio here are seven guidelines for gestures that work for me and my clients.
1. Never plan or can a gesture.
2. Check video tape to eliminate annoying gestures.
3. Use gestures appropriate for you.
4. Gesture visibly enough for larger audiences.
5. Limit your gestures for television interviews.
6. Put your best face forward.
7. Move away from the lectern or podium.