October 28, 2013 at 8:48 pm / by Producer Eric Dye
/ comments (0)
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 15:23 — 10.6MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | Email | Google Podcasts | Stitcher | TuneIn | Spotify | | More
Brennan Evans, Managing Director for Well & Being at Willow Stream Spa Scottsdale Fairmont Princess joins Event TALK to discuss the trends in healthy meetings.
Listen to Eric Dye & Brennan Evans discuss the following:
- The Fairmont Scottsdale Princess has just recently launched a program that provides healthier meeting options for conferences and events. Tell us more about this program.
- Meetings and conferences are notorious for providing amazing but not always healthy meals to attendees. For a planner looking at making the guest experience a bit healthier, what are some simple steps to take, something virtually anyone could do?
- Taking it a little bit further and the sky is the limit, how can planners provide an overall healthier experience for attendees? I assume its not just about the food and beverage?
- Do you see planners jump in cold turkey, or do you see them gradually move from one concept to a healthier overall environment?
- In promoting healthier meetings, do planners need to communicate or promote their events differently to their attendees? How do they manage their attendees’ expectations?
- What are your top 3 tips for planners who want to incorporate healthier practices into their meetings and conferences?
With more than 25 years in the health and wellness industry, Brennan Evans brings a great deal of knowledge and operational expertise to his role as Managing Director for Well & Being at Willow Stream Spa.
Brennan began his career as a personal trainer and group exercise instructor at world-renowned Canyon Ranch Wellness resort located in Tucson, Arizona. Brennan worked in multiple capacities during his 18-year tenure with Canyon Ranch including Assistant Fitness Director, Assistant Spa Director, Spa Director, Opening Spa Director for Canyon Ranch Spa Club at Gaylord Palms. Tapping into his Bachelor of Architecture degree from the University of Arizona, Brennan also assisted in Canyon Ranch’s development department for various resort/spa/wellness projects – where he developed his keen eye for design details and understanding of both functionality and aesthetics within world-class operations.
One of the highlights of Brennan’s career included his time in Atlantic City, New Jersey where he served as the Director of Spa Operations for Spa Toccare at Borgata Hotel Casino and Spa. Under his direction Spa Toccare reached never before seen revenue highs and garnered numerous accolades and awards from leading publications including Conde Nast Traveler, Spa Finder Magazine, Travel & Leisure and Best of Philly.
The crowning achievement during his time with Borgata included the conceptualizing, planning and opening of the luxurious Immersion Spa at The Water Club – Borgata’s unique boutique “hotel within a hotel” experience providing a vast array of stunning spa therapies designed to stimulate senses, energize guests and provide one of a kind therapeutic services not available anywhere else in the region.
For the last three years Brennan has served as Spa Director for Willow Stream Spa at The Fairmont Scottsdale Princess Resort in beautiful Scottsdale, Arizona. Brennan has presided over this flagship spa property during some of the most challenging economic times and managed to not only retain the status of this spa as the #1 Best of Arizona spas as voted on by Arizona Business magazine for the last two years but also maintained a healthy revenue stream and profit margin all the while ensuring that the guest spa experience remained one of the highest rated in the company’s portfolio as determined by JD Powers and Associates.
With his extensive background in project management, organizational development and superior team building/communication skills, Brennan is once again excited to embrace what is sure to be the next leader in the luxury destination resort experience with the introduction of Well & Being at Willow Stream.
An avid exercise enthusiast and cyclist, Brennan most recently completed a 7-day, 545-mile road bike event down the cost of California from San Francisco to Los Angeles. This philanthropic fund raising event speaks to Brennan’s well-roundedness as a caring and enthusiastic community supporter and team leader.
On the next episode of Event Talk:
Will be talking with event staffing experts about best practices in the hiring and managing of onsite event staff.
Event Talk is brought to you by EventInterface.com.