Thomas Barrett, the Founder & CEO of Encirca, an ICANN-accredited domain name registrar now providing services for Web 3.0 and the decentralized web joins Enterprise Radio.
Listen to host Eric Dye & guest Thomas Barrett discuss the following:
- Please explain the concept of Web 3.0 or the decentralized web, and how it differs from the web experience we use today.
- How are domain names on the decentralized web different from the “classic” extensions we are familiar with, such as .com or .net?
- For entrepreneurs and global enterprises alike, what are the top concerns about establishing their brand within Web 3.0?
- I understand you are on an executive committee for ICANN, the global domain registrar service. What is ICANN’s take on the decentralized web and how are they managing domains?
- How is your company intersecting with the decentralized web and crypto, blockchain and metaverse-focused digital brand presence?
Tom Barrett has over 35 years of experience in technology, including over 20 years of experience in brand protection, internet development and blockchain. In addition to serving as President and Founder of Encirca, an ICANN-accredited domain name registrar now providing services for Web 3.0 and the decentralized web; he serves as President of Name Share, Inc.
Tom serves as the Chair of the Blockchain Subcommittee for the International Trademark Association and the Chair of the ICANN NomCom Review Working Group.
Tom has engineering degrees from WPI and MIT and resides on Cape Ann in Massachusetts.
People also listened to this: Jack Carlson on Building Rowing Blazers and its Future