Edge Computing and why it is important
Alan Bock, VP of Corporate Development at Vapor IO that is deploying a national edge computing platform which consists of highly distributed colocation and networking joins Enterprise Radio. This platform is marketed under the name Kinetic Edge.
Listen to host Eric Dye & guest Alan Bock discuss the following:
- Tell us who you are and what is Vapor IO?
- What is “Edge Computing” and why is it important?
- Can you tell us about the problem you’re solving in edge computing?
- How are you approaching this differently than your competitors?
- What is the most challenging part of selling edge computing?
- Can you tell us what is usually the turning point for your customers/partners when they realize they need a solution like yours?
- Any other interesting facts about your company, the market and/or your customers?
Vapor IO is building the foundation for the next-generation internet. It was founded by industry veterans with deep domain expertise in edge computing, data centers and infrastructure management.
Vapor IO provides the industry’s first infrastructure edge computing solution. The Kinetic Edge enables new and innovative edge-driven applications at unprecedented levels of performance, and reduces the CAPEX and OPEX requirements for CDN, cloud and network operators through its innovative edge colocation capabilities.
As the world moves towards a new era of applications dominated by AR, VR and autonomous driving, our current centralized internet infrastructure can’t keep up. To make these applications practical, not just possible, we knew we needed the Kinetic Edge. Vapor IO is dedicated to building out the Kinetic Edge as a nationwide network of edge data centers, using our purpose-built technologies and products to create the foundation for the next-generation internet.
People also listened to this: Digital Transformational Solutions with a Special Proficiency in Artificial Intelligence