Creating a Sustainable Business from the Ground Up
Ramon Lovato, General Manager at FreshPure Waters, a bulk water company based in Santa Fe, New Mexico, that saves over 100 million plastic bottles yearly joins the Green Business Podcast Show.
Listen to host Eric Dye & guest Ramon Lovato discuss the following:
- What is the green vision of FreshPure Waters and how do you carry that out?
- Why is FreshPure Waters better for health than bottled or tap water?
- How many single use plastic bottles do you save per year? Do you save resources in other ways?
- What types of water do you make and why?
- What measures can businesses take to be more sustainable from the ground up?
- Choosing to create an environmentally ethical business can seem impossible due to the higher costs of reusable elements. How did FreshPure create a profitable business while not sacrificing your commitment to the environment?
TIP: Doing the best thing does not necessarily mean the most expensive thing. We encourage businesses to think creatively. For instance, our team is more productive and focused because we provide organic food in our “donut-free” breakroom. We purchase high-quality, reusable components to build our machines, then clean and refurbish them rather than start from scratch. Quality over quantity is indeed more profitable in the long run, if you do it carefully.
FreshPure Waters is a small, green company that sells bulk water in natural foods stores nationwide and in Canada. In collaboration with our environmentally conscious customers, we save over 100 million single use plastic bottles annually from entering the waste stream. FreshPure Waters was founded in 1991 in Santa Fe, New Mexico. Ramon Lovato has been FreshPure Waters’ General Manager for 25 years.
People also listened to this: A Windfall in Savings from Near-Ground Winds