Brooke and Les Wilson of Two Men and a Truck discuss being a young, entrepreneurial couple
Listen to host Eric Dye & guests Brooke and Les Wilson discuss the following:
- What is it about the moving industry, and TWO MEN AND A TRUCK specifically, that motivated you to go “all-in” and buy in as franchise owners after serving the brands as company employees?
- You both became business owners fairly early in life. How did you adopt an entrepreneurial mindset at such a young age? How were you able to overcome early challenges and achieve the success you have?
- Why have you chosen to expand to the specific markets you have? What makes Atlanta, the Triangle, Baltimore and Washington DC excellent opportunities as a TWO MEN AND A TRUCK franchisee? Describe a couple of the complementary relationships you’ve made with other local businesses (retirement communities, real estate groups, etc.) that are critical to your success as community movers.
- How do you balance having a business partnership and marriage and not letting one relationship affect the other? What are some of the sacrifices you have made in your marriage to become a successful professional husband and wife team?
- Talk to us about what makes TWO MEN AND A TRUCK unique. Why is giving back so important to you two and the company as a whole? Take us through a few of the ways you support the communities that make you great.
- What advice would you give other entrepreneurs who are entering a business experience similar to what you have went through – a young, married couple who is starting a business and looking to grow with it and become successful?
Brooke and Les Wilson, the entrepreneurs who lead seven Team Wilson TWO MEN AND A TRUCK locations, have been with TWO MEN AND A TRUCK for their entire careers.
More than a decade ago, Brooke was working as a customer service representative and Les was working as a mover for TWO MEN AND A TRUCK. Both of them fell in love with the company and decided to buy a franchise as a husband and wife team. They have used their complimentary skill sets, business acumen, and passion for TWO MEN AND A TRUCK to build one of the most successful multi-unit franchise groups in the franchise system – growing to seven locations in Georgia, North Carolina, Maryland and Washington, DC.
As a team, they were recognized as the fastest growing multi-unit operator in the Two Men and a Truck system, the largest franchised moving company in the US, with sales increases surpassing 34% in 2014.