Being secure and being compliant: Are they the same thing?
Grant Elliott, the President and CEO of Ostendio, a B2B cybersecurity and risk management software company joins Enterprise Radio.
This episode of Enterprise Radio is working in association with the Cyber Security Channel.
Listen to host Eric Dye & guest Grant Elliott discuss the following:
- Being secure. Being compliant. Aren’t they the same thing?
- Is cybersecurity only the responsibility of a company’s IT team?
- What if you’re a small organization. How can you tackle security and compliance with limited resources?
- What do you think are some of the major cyber issues we might see from the growing deployment of IoT?
- What are your tips for an organization just starting to build their security and compliance program?
Tip: Cybersecurity is everyone’s responsibility. Frequent security awareness training (more than once a year!) is vital. Conduct exercises such as phishing simulations – make employees think before they click!
Grant Elliott is the President & CEO of Ostendio, a cybersecurity and information management SaaS platform. He is the former COO and CISO of Voxiva (acquired by WellTok), an integrated messaging and patient engagement platform. He has over 10 years’ experience developing and managing cybersecurity programs and supporting regulatory audits. Before working at Voxiva, Elliott held senior positions at AT&T.
Elliott is also the Co-Founder and President of the Health Care Cloud Coalition (HC3), a healthcare compliance advocacy group funded by, amongst others, Microsoft and Apple. He mentors at AccelerateDC Venture Mentoring Service, and is an Adjunct Professor at the Pratt Institute, New York.
People also listened to this: Cybersecurity and Small to Medium Business with Danny Pehar