APTelecom, 9 years of doing business in emerging markets and beyond
Sean Bergin, Co-Founder & President at APTelecom that assists organizations commercialize new submarine cable builds in emerging markets again joins Enterprise Radio.
Listen to host Eric Dye & guest Sean Bergin discuss the following:
- Tell us a little about what APTelecom does.
- What are the significant changes you have seen in your industry over the last decade
- From a usage perspective, what’s the next ’big thing’ on the horizon?
- How does APTelecom plan and adapt to benefit from these rapid changes in market dynamics?
- Given that the nature of your business is global and you have a small, focussed team, how do you manage to cover the globe so effectively?
- After 9 years, what key messages would you share with anyone looking to start a new business venture in the telecom’s sector?
Sean Bergin is based in APTelecom’s Asian headquarters in Cambodia. Bergin has been instrumental in building APTelecom into a globally recognized leader in telecom and fiber consulting, elevating from a startup business to an award-winning global organization which has generated over $195 million USD in sales for clients.
Under Bergin’s leadership, APTelecom has been named the “Sales Team of the Year” by the Global Customer Sales and Service Awards and has won multiple other accolades including: the Silver Award in the Network Products Guide’s 10th Annual 2015 Hot Companies and Best Products Awards, Bronze Winner for the Best in Biz Awards 2015 International, and the Silver Award Winner for the “2014 Fastest-Growing Company EMEA” by the Best in Biz Awards.
Bergin has also spearheaded many of APTelecom’s charitable initiatives, including its signature “State of Subsea” series, which is a 501c charity organization whose proceeds are donated to select global non-profit organizations. Bergin has significant management experience at both national and international levels at Telstra, BT and Hutchison. Bergin has also served as Director of Sales for Australia Japan Cable, an international wholesale submarine cable system linking Australia and Japan. He is highly experienced with complex, high value, deals. Bergin has covered, lived, and resided in a multitude of primary and emerging markets across Asia, the Middle East, Australia and Europe.
Along with APTelecom Co-Founder and CEO Eric Handa, Bergin has generated over half a billion dollars in sales for clients throughout his career. Bergin sits on the Border of Governors at the Pacific Telecommunications Council (PTC).
People also listened to this: Your Entrepreneurial Legacy with Laura Roser