A Financial Check-Up for Business Owners
Maggie Koosa, CEO of The Alchemists, which is a financial advisory firm that specializes in working with business owners and entrepreneurs joins Enterprise Radio.
This episode of Enterprise Radio is working in association with the Financial Channel.
- Why do you work with business owners and entrepreneurs?
- Why would a business owner need a financial advisor? Don’t they just buy you stocks and bonds?
- You’ve said that you are a paradigm-shifter in financial advising, what distinguishes you?
- We hear the term “cashflow” a lot when it comes to start-up’s and businesses succeeding. Why is this so important?
- What is a common misconception business owners have regarding planning for retirement?
- Can you explain 1 do and 1 don’t for business owners with a 401k plan?
- How can you help business owners pay less taxes?
- Why should business owners opt in regarding workers comp?
- You’ve said that you take a team approach to working with business owners, what does that mean?
TIP: Have an exit strategy! That may be to sell the business, transfer it to a family member, sell it to key employees using an ESOP, retain ownership as a passive partner, or liquidate it. To maximize the upside, this must be a plan that is developed and not decided upon spontaneously. Remember, if you don’t have an exit strategy, then you don’t have a business, you have a job.
Maggie Koosa, CEO of The Alchemists, has been helping business owners for more than 10 years. Prior to advising families and business owners, she taught high school mathematics for 12 years. She started her own firm in 2017 because she wanted to provide an elevated level of service with a paradigm-shifting approach to financial advising. She is licensed in all 50 states and her #1 focus is that she cares about her people, whom others call “clients” or “customers”. Unlike larger firms, she doesn’t work with everyone. If she did, she wouldn’t be able to give her people the individualized attention they want and need. She works with those who are most committed to securing their financial success. She wants to see her people send their kids to college, build towards a healthy retirement, and plan for quality of life. As such, she does not nickel and dime them with arbitrary fees.
What does all that mean?
- As a fiduciary, she will work with you to develop an appropriate and comprehensive financial plan for you, your business, and your family.
- She will help you understand your insurance and investments by providing you as much education as you’d like, including events, webinars, and classes.
- She will answer her phone and greet you by name when you call, even at night or on the weekend.
- She will provide you with support and guidance during your times of need and concern.
- She will call if/when something occurs in the stock market.
- You will have access to Maggie and her resources (i.e. an extensive network of professionals).
- You can sleep at night with the certainty that someone who cares about YOU and your loved ones is being mindful and keeping watch over your financial resources and planning for your future.
She is a competitive athlete and a lifelong Girl Scout. She is a foster mom of 3 beautiful boys, whom they hope to adopt. She is a mentor and a philanthropist who helps to support a few non-profit organizations through the donation of her time, expertise, and fundraising efforts.
People also listened to this: Tips to Grow Your Money and Optimize Your Portfolio for Tax Purposes