Maintaining Green Practices with Scrubz Body Scrub, Inc.
Roberta Perry, Founder of Scrubz Body Scrub, Inc. Products joins the Green Business Podcast Show. Because of her want of something better and more natural in her body care products, Roberta decided to make her own.
Listen to host Eric Dye & guest Roberta Perry discuss the following:
- How did Scrubz got started in the first place?
- Discuss the advantages/disadvantages of being a small business.
- How are you trying to maintain green practices?
- What is the benefit about exfoliation and who is it for?
- How would you explain the “integrity” in business?
- How has your business model shifted and grown since you started?
- What could you leave with our listeners to help them to be more green conscious?
Roberta Perry was born and raised in Long Island and is happy to raise her family and her business here, too. She has been married to Ross for 27 years and her 3 kids are the joy in her life and the gray hairs on her head.
After years of freelance design, she was involved in the start-up of an adult education program in Dallas. The business failed miserably, but gave her the desire to start something. Roberta’s background in graphic design and marketing, along with a love of people gave her the tools to launch Scrubz Body Scrub, Inc. in July of 2006, with her sister Michelle, from the comfort of her dining room table,after she created a body scrub that people seemed to love!
Roberta’s interests are varied and include playing the drums, inline, skating, photography, travel, biking, hiking and cooking. She was lucky enough to summit Mt. Kilimanjaro in July of ’09 with her brother Lee and sister Michelle and they plan on reaching the top of Machu Picchu this summer.